Friday, January 15, 2010

A Long But Productive Day


Woohoo! Shop is officially open.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/summeralyssa

I have posted 10 items, using various techniques and materials. I've started to put into place all sorts of promotional stuff, like a Facebook fan page, etc., but listing was enough of a digital pain in the rear that I'm done with tech for today. I'll do promotional stuff tomorrow;)

Besides, I have to figure out how to separate the business from the personal. I don't want to bombard co-workers, colleagues, and friends who just don't care with jewelry stuff. After all, it's actually a pretty small part of the complicated mess that is "Summer".

A problem for another day, methinks.

In the meantime, check out my Facebook page if you're interested:

summer alyssa's whimsical wire on Facebook

I think I'm going to create a separate Twitter account as well. I think it might be a conflict of interest, or at least in bad taste, considering the vast majority of those I follow are in the nonprofit circle rather than the jewelry circle.

So, I'm off to read the latest issue of Beadwork and to think about maybe joining some color challenges, like those at ArtisanClay and The Beads of Clay Blog. Maybe watch Public Enemies again, cause I'm a little obsessed with that movie;) A glass of wine is probably in the near future as well. Ah, quiet Friday nights... Yes, I lead a boring life:P

No comments:

Post a Comment