Friday, January 29, 2010

Copyright Info for Jewelry by SummerAlyssa

Having just had an interesting discussion about copyright, I feel compelled to make my copyrights clear on this blog.

I’m a firm believer in share and share-alike. Like source code I’ve written, images I’ve created, and any number of my other works, all images of my jewelry are basically open-source:D It's all protected under a Creative Commons license.

The specific license I’ve selected is:

Creative Commons License
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.


This means that, for any purposes except commercial (excluding selling for charity), you may reproduce, remix, adapt, and otherwise share my work under the following conditions:

1) You attribute the original work to me, with a link back to this license. Though not required, I would also appreciate your letting me see what your work looks like. ‘Cause I’m curious;)

2) Your work is noncommercial. Don’t sell anything you make from my designs, with two exceptions: A) I specifically provide a pattern or tutorial for it, or B) 100% of the proceeds go to charity.

3) If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one. In other words, you can’t copy or expand my designs, and then copyright the result. Share and share alike!

An official version of the license can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/.

For more information, please visit http://creativecommons.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment